Advanced Trainee in Medical Oncology Training
Oncology North Coast
The Advanced Trainee in Medical Oncology will be responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients with all types of cancer, under the supervision of a consultant medical oncologist. This practice has been an accredited site for Advanced Training since 2014 and has two accredited supervisors for the training program.
The Lismore Trainee will be involved in both public and private oncology consulting and treatment settings, as well as inpatient management at Lismore Base Hospital. The position offers the trainee a unique patient experience, with regards to population dynamics and a chance to develop strong communication skills.
This position also offers participation in weekly clinical trial clinics and outreach clinics at Grafton Base Hospital. Involvement in Breast, Colorectal, Skin and Lung multidisciplinary team meetings and monthly Morbidity/mortality meetings. There is also close interaction with other oncology services in Lismore, such as Radiation Oncology, Haematology and Palliative care.
The academic training program includes invitations to attend several national scientific meetings, including PCPA, and MOGA. There are weekly case presentations at MDT meetings and Ground Rounds. An Advanced Trainee video link with St George Oncology and Coffs Harbour oncology has been arranged for Mondays 4:00pm.
- Complete requirements for 12 months’ accreditation in Medical Oncology
- To provide excellence in patient care across all oncology settings
- To provide clinical teaching to Residents/ Registrars/Medical Students
- To undertake additional research tasks and projects as advised by consultant.
- To provide supervised consultation at Oncology North Coast for three to four clinics per week with at least 6 new patients per week. (See timetable).
- To provide supervised consultation at private clinic outreach clinic in Grafton Base Hospital one full day a two Wednesdays per month.
- To provide ward consultation to oncology inpatients at Lismore Base Hospital and to chemotherapy patients at North Coast Cancer Institute.
To find out more, contact Dr Adam Boyce via firstname.lastname@example.org